Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's the Little Things....

The photos below are from my shadow box. I purchased the printers trays for $5 each about 18 years ago. I love these trays. I still have two of them. I think my Mom has one or two and I think Grandma and Grandpa might have had one. Anyway, I love the things that we put in them...they each have their own little story.
This one is a little hard to see, but it says Happy Holidays. It is a small metal pill box.
The one with the cardinals on it, is like the one above it...a small metal pill box.
The wooden container is called "Junkett" (I think that's how you spell it). Grandma told me it was what cooks used to thicken up sauces and such--kind of like corn starch. I am still blown away by how small it is...only about three inches tall and very small in diameter...it's hard to picture how much they would have used.
This photo is very blury...but it is a "key" I think to a heater. It is very heavy and says, "Columbus OH" on it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks, Amy! It's been fun to take these little "Trips Down Memory Lane".