Saturday, May 27, 2006

Grandma Visits

Last week, my Grandmother and my Aunt came down for DS 1's graduation from High School. I realized that I haven't posted to this blog for a while, and I wanted to post a HUGE thank you to them both. Grandma was really adament about being here. I appreciate that. When I named this blog "Grandma's Treasures", I intended to share all the things that I have that were Grandma's or little things I had "uncovered" in her house. I decided this week that one of Grandma's biggest treasures is her family.

Grandma has been interested in geneology for as long as I can remember. She knows the importance of family history. More importantly, though, she knows the importance of making a family history for those in generations after hers. She wants to make memories whenever she can.

I love that about her. I hope that I have learned some of that from her. And I hope that I pass some of that along to my kids to carry on into their own families.

Thank you Grandma and Aunt Sandy for coming to visit and making a memory!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea for a blog, you're grandmother must be a great lady!

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

How sweet! It sounds as if you guys had a wonderful time being together as family.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Families are the most precious jewels you can ever have. They are priceless. We have lots and lots of albums that we have kept for many many years. We have treasured it like jewels.
Thanks for dropping by.

Natalie said...

My Grandmother is now passed from this earth but her stories and memories stay with me. What a blessing it is to pass on family stories!